Monday, May 5, 2014

Billy Joel Evolution

Billy Joel in my book is one of the greatest performers of all time on the piano and singing, followed closely by Elton John. During Billy's freshman year of college he skipped class almost every day to play the piano. He never got his high school diploma, but instead he went out playing and performing at local bars and diners. 

Eventually he worked his was up the ladder until he was performing in a big city, where a producer snatched him up from the bar floor. Unlike some artist Billy always has a say in what music he will sing. Every one of his songs he has helped write and produce. 

Not only did Mr. Joel have several very successful albums singles, but he also produced music for movies. Like the Lion King! 

My Favorite song of his would have to be Scenes From An Italian Restaurant. This is my favorite because it switches tempos so many times, and also has a huge very challenging piano solo in it! It's incredible. It is so easy for me to relate to his music because I have played the piano since I was four years old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment